Friday, August 10, 2012

Silhouette Project

As I was thinking and planning about my new apartment, I was literally scouring pinterest for decorating ideas/ diy and craft projects.  I love to craft and create things, so when I came across this pin, I knew I had to make my own.  Even though I love Disney, I am more obsessed with something else.  Any of you who know me, know how strangely addicted I am to everything Harry Potter.  I should probably be more embarassed of this addiction, but I'm not... at all.  Hence the creation of this fun decor for my new office/ spare bedroom!


Like the pin suggested, I just googled "Harry Potter Silhouettes" and came across these beauties. I printed them, cut them out, and traced them onto black cardstock. I then glued them onto white cardstock and tadaaa!

Harry
Hermione
Ron (The more I look at this one, the more I realize how funny his chin looks... woops)

This last sign was inspired by this pin. (Yes, I do have a board completely dedicated to Harry Potter...)

The frames are just cheap wooden frames from the dollar store that I painted with some teal acrylic paint. My camera doesn't show the color correctly; it's a little more green than it looks!



I'll be posting a tour of my new apartment shortly, so keep checking back!

Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment